Sunday, September 7, 2008

New School

Last week was the kids 1st week at their new school (day care). Now that I am back to work full time I have them both at Junior Junction. This is a daycare that is certified in early childhood education.

Colton is in the PreK class with 20 kids total. His day is very structured, with lessons, circle time, outside time, story time, etc. Each week they have a theme and a letter of the week. Colton's teacher, Ms. Gannon, has tons of experience and is all about getting the kids ready for kindergarten. Last year 15 out of 20 of her students were reading before kindergarten. Colton is soaking up the lessons like a sponge. He already has learned tons of sign language, new songs, and games. He seems to love his new class and friends, but at times he mentioned that he wanted to stay home with me. I think it will take some adjustment for him to be there 5 days a week rather than 3.

Adalynn is in a class room with 8 kids total. She is the youngest, but all the kids are really close in age. She seems even more outgoing than before and always has a HUGE smile on her face. I think the interaction with other babies will be good for her. Her teacher, Ms. Phillips, loves to do art with the babies and Adalynn has been enjoying all the new toys in the class room.

Here is my best attempt at a picture on their 1st day of their new school. Adalynn loves climbing into Coltons truck. She will sit in there as long and we let her and usually climbs right back in if we take her out. We made the mistake of pushing her around the house in the truck....now she always wants to go for rides!
Overall I am very happy to be back at work full time. I am nervous about life being much more hectic. And, I miss spending so much time with my kids. I start another class for my Masters tomorrow, so that will add even more stress to our lives. The good thing about my working full time is that Brad is spending a lot more time with the kids. Adalynn is completely bonded with him now and usually asks for her "dada". I will keep you all posted!

No comments: