On Friday, Brad had the unfortunate task of meeting with the administrator of Adalynn's day care to discuss her naughty behavior of biting her friends.
A little background... She has been going through the biting phase for a couple of months now. Almost every day at school she bites at least one of her friends. She does it to Brad, Colton and I at home as well. We have been trying to discipline her (as best as you can discipline a 2 year old). On Wednesday we were told that she had bitten 3 times in one day so we had to immediately pick her up and keep her home the rest of the day. I think she enjoyed spending the day with Brad so this did not result in any type of punishment for Adalynn, but at least her friends were safe the rest of the day. Every time she bites someone at school it is recorded on a bite log and we have to sign the log. Since she has filled up an entire sheet of paper with the biting log, we had to go into meet with the administrator.
Unfortunately (fortunate for me!) I had to work late and could not attend the meeting. I did read the material that was sent home with us. Adalynn will be monitored from now until 10/31 and if her biting has not improved she can be dismissed from school. Apparently this has only happened once in 30 years, so hopefully we won't make #2.
I am sure that with her stubborn personality this will be the first in many visits to the "principals" office regarding Adalynn. Any suggestions on how to stop a kids from biting would be appreciated. But note, I do not believe in biting her back.
2 comments:
I just sent Adalynn a book (it will be there tomorrow via ups). We read it every morning and night to H when he was about 23 months old. And when ever he would use his teeth for good things (ex.. chewing, smiling, etc) we would say "great job teeth are for chewing or smiling... etc). Give her a big hug from me....maybe that is all she needs. :)
You are so sweet! Thanks Amber.
Post a Comment