Monday, June 14, 2010

Colton 2 wheel bike

One of the things I miss about living in a neighborhood is that we do not have sidewalks and flat nice roads for the kids to ride their bikes on. This makes it difficult for our kids to learn how to ride their bikes. Colton has been using training wheels on his bike for quite a while. I had not thought much about it since he does not ride it often, but lately I was feeling guilty that he does not know how to ride without his training wheels (most of his classmates got rid of their training wheels years ago).

On Saturday we took the kids to the trail in Maple Valley so that Colton could learn to ride without his training wheels. It took about 10 minutes for Colton to have it down with no problems at all.

By Sunday, Colton was riding all over our yard (grass, planting beds, etc.) on two wheels. I guess we should have tried this a few years ago!

No comments: