Monday, May 31, 2010
Amazing Garden
A few months ago I casually mentioned to Brad that I would like a vegetable garden this year. I imagined a couple of raised beds thrown together without much effort. Of course, Brad, being a perfectionist and master carpenter imagined something much more elaborate! As you have seen in a prior post, we cut down a huge tree, leveled the area, put down weed block, crafted several amazing raised beds (perfectly leveled and square), added dirt, added custom trellises, put in sand between the beds, and planted some vegetables. 
The craftsmanship is so amazing that I am a bit concerned that my "black thumb" will be quite a disappointment to the garden. But, I will try my best. I have only planted 3 of the 6 beds this year. We will plant more next year. We also need to finish the sand between the beds and put in a fence. This year we will have a temporary fence to keep out the rabbits, but next year, if we really enjoy our garden we will add what I am sure will be a perfectly crafted beautiful fully fenced in area. After all, anyone who knows Brad knows that whatever projects he has a hand in will be perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment