Thursday, July 22, 2010

Adalynn Shanae

You all know our little princess, Adalynn. Her personality has emerged so much over the past year. I thought it would be great to share with you all some of the things that we love and some of the things that drive us crazy about this little girl. Adalynn will be 3 on September 13th. She has spent the past year dealing us a double dose of terrible 2's. I figure we deserve it because Colton never really went through the terrible 2's. She has some amazing personality traits that may drive me crazy now, but will serve her well as she grows up. Adalynn is incredibility confident. She wants to do everything on her own. "No, I do it" is one of the things she says most often. She is stubborn to the core (inherited this trait from Brad). She is set in her ways. She knows what she likes and what she does not like and is consistent with those things. She does not like tomatoes. She can eat massive amounts of cucumbers at once.

Adalynn has now gone 4 consecutive days in her big girl undies without any accidents! Every time she goes poop in the potty she asks for candy. I have stopped giving it to her every time because she quickly learned that if she just went a little bit at a time, and did this several times a day, she was getting more candy.

This girl is a daddy's girl through and through. She always wants to be with Brad. She watches him work with his tools, work in the yard, sits on his lap whenever she can. Daddy tucks her in almost every night.

Adalynn also loves her various dolls and stuffed animals. She does not give them real names, rather she names them "bear", "baby", "little minnie", "big minnie". She loves her red bear with white hearts, but she calls it "baby".

This girl is a fashion diva. When we pick out clothes for her at the store she insists on putting them on before we have even made it to the check out. She picks out her own clothes each morning for school. I especially like this outfit with the matching purse and hat! She rarely lets me give my opinion on what she is wearing. I figure she can wear what she wants and frankly it is not a battle I want to take on with her. Like I said, she is stubborn.

I think that Adalynn has an amazing personality for a little girl and I am excited to see her learn and grow and see what an amazing young lady she turns out to be. I am also looking forward to the terrible 2's passing!

3 comments:

~A~ said...

Love the outfit choice, she is beautiful! Hugs to all!

Anonymous said...

She sure is a cutie. Good going little girl with the toilet training. Won't it be wonderful to not have to deal with diapers...hooray!!!!!!!!!!!

Scheris said...

alyssa loves her, so have Alyssa over again soon!