As a working mom I am constantly feeling like I am not doing enough for my kids. I never get to spend enough time with them and when I do have time with them I am tired, cranky or stressed out. I know that I would not be a good stay-at-home mom because I love my career and I love being out in the business world. I do not feel guilty that they are in daycare because Adalynn's daycare is amazing and Colton loves before and after school care. But, I wish that I had the time/energy to volunteer for Colton's classroom or take Adalynn on her class field trips (Brad does this type of stuff for them). I wish I had the time/energy to sit down with the kids more and read books or play with toys. And everyday, when I check out some of my friends blogs I feel guilty that I don't take enough pictures of the kids and update my blog more often (check out some of my friends blogs (linked on the side), they are so great at this type of stuff).
So, that's just a little rant about how I am feeling right now. I like to believe that all moms feel guilty about something so I should just stop worrying.....
7 comments:
I feel guilty all the time Amber. If it isn't about my kids it is about my grandchildren. I guess that is our lot in life.
Oh well that's life I guess.
kids are so resilant, so don't worry. No matter what childhood they get, as adults we find fond memories to look back on. I had a crappy childhood, but I look back on it and think WOW, we did have a lot of fun! DO NOT WORRY.
Amber...you are a great mom!
Amber, I happen to think you're a TERRIFIC mom (and no, I'm not just saying that!). We're all given our callings in life and we all choose our paths. Do not get caught up comparing yourself to "other moms." Your children know that you love them unconditionally and that is THE MOST important thing you can give them. Hugs to you. :)
I am with you on everything. But I truly believe that I am a better mom because I work, it makes our time with them more precious and you are an amazing role model for them. Just because someone is home with their children doesn't mean they are recieving the love and support they need. It doesn't matter if you are at work or a stay at home mom, as long as you love and support them you are doing the Mommy job successfully.
Amber,
There's only one thing you need to look at to see what an awesome mom you've become...your kids. They are smart, creative, athletic, healthy, and courteous. They are virtually guaranteed to succeed in life, because of you! Rest assured.
Thanks everyone for such nice comments! It makes me feel so much better hearing that the little things may not matter as much as I worry about them.
Post a Comment