Sunday, December 12, 2010

Who was the mystery Elf?

As you know from my last post (which was a long time ago!), I feel guilty a lot about not being around the kids as much as I would like. The past few months have been so busy that I am totally far behind in Christmas preparation. As of yesterday I had the following:

1/2 decorated tree with 2/3rd of the lights not working
no Christmas presents purchased (or thought about)
decorations still in boxes in my dining room
a mountain of laundry
a very messy house
2 flat screen t.v.'s that are not working and just sitting around in my family room
the list goes on and on

Yesterday Brad, the kids and I loaded up to drive to Portland for our friends birthday party. We were supposed to stay till Sunday, but I was feeling too stressed out about all the things that needed to be done at home. If I can't do home stuff this weekend then it would not get done till next weekend which is only one week till Christmas! I wanted to cancel our trip, but felt guilty about that, so as a compromise we drove down and back in one day.

We got home after 11pm last night, I walked into my house, into the powder room and there were Christmas towels set out next to the sink and a "ho ho ho" sign on the shelf. "That's odd" I thought. "When did Brad decorate" I thought to myself.

I walked into the great room and our Christmas decorations were set out! Our tree was decorated and THE LIGHTS WORK!!!!

Holy smokes! Someone who knows me very well (and has a key to my house), came to help me out. What a huge relief off of me! They also left a new wireless keyboard and mouse (from microsoft), which give me a really big clue as to who my mystery elves were. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! I want one! :)

Sarah J. said...

Alright... it was me. ;)

Just kidding... I wish I could take the credit, but obviously someone loves you very much. Well-deserved!