Sunday, April 3, 2011

Colton...his special gift!

I believe that each kids has their own special gift and if we as parents, do it right, we can help nurture their special gift. Colton's amazing gift is that he has the most wonderful, loving, caring, giving heart. I have never met a child more loving and giving than Colton. He will not hesitate to do things that will make other people happy. He is constantly wanting to give away his money, toys, books, clothes, time, anything he can to help others that are less fortunate. Today Colton once again showed me how amazing he can be. Our church is collecting clothes and toys for children in foster care and orphanages. In addition to some toys, blankets and books, this morning Colton donated all of his money. ALL OF IT. We asked if he wanted to save some for Disney Land and he said "no, the kids can use it to buy some toys". I asked if he wanted to take his money and pick out some toys or blankets and he said "no, they should pick out their own things. That way they can choose what they want." Did I ask him to donate money? Nope! In fact, all I said was "Colton, do you think you have some blankets that you don't use, that we could give to the kids who live in orphanages?" A little bit later Colton comes up to me and asks if he can give them his money, all of it. In the past, when Colton has wanted to donate all his money to various charities we have limited him to a certain amount. I am worried that he will grow up and be constantly giving away his money and as a result will be poor. But, this morning I decided to just let him do it if that is what makes him happy. Later I asked him if he knew how much money he gave away and he said that it was about $37. What an amazing child I have!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I just saw a post about this on facebook! Didn't know it was Colton! Way to go. :)

Anonymous said...

Generous indeed!