Sunday, January 27, 2008

Back to work...

Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading....I have to go back to work.

This might sound weird coming from me. You all know that I love my job. I love taxes (not something you hear often). I love the challenge of finding solutions for problems, researching ideas, and coming up with a better way to do things. I love feeling valued and interacting with adults, educated adults. I especially love the paycheck! But, I have been off work for almost 5 months. And for 4 1/2 months I have spent every day with Adalynn. Actually for over 1 year I have spent every day with her (9 months she was actually attached to me). We have a great bond.

Adalynn has taken very few bottles. There have been 2 times I have had to leave her for a few hours and so I got her to take a bottle in advance so she would take it for the person watching her. It has been a while since I last tried. So, on Saturday I tried again. No luck! All day today I have been fighting with Adalynn to take a bottle. No luck at all! Finally I got online to find a trick. Thank goodness for the internet. They said a couple of great things. First, do not starve your baby to submission. If she is not taking the bottle, try 3 times, then wait 10 minutes and nurse her, and try the bottle again later. Okay...should have looked online earlier in the day. Adalynn would have been much happier. The other thing they suggested was to give her milk from a cup. So I put some in one of Coltons cups....and it worked! Yeah! It is really messy, but it worked.

So now I can stop crying and breath a little bit. Adalynn will at least drink from a cup and I can go to work and not worry about starving her. She will be in great hands with our friend Sarah watching her. And...it is only 2 days a week.

2 comments:

Sarah J. said...

We're looking forward to having Adalynn spend the days with us. You're a GREAT mom Amber, and your children are wonderful reflections of you. Try not to worry too much, but a mother's love always worries. We'll be in touch frequently. :)

Traci said...

How did it go? I hope both of your "first days" went well. :-)