Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Colton!

Our little boy turned 5 today. As you can see he is not so little now.

Colton around 4 months old on his 2nd camping trip.


Colton had a great birthday today. This morning he woke up and open all the presents from Mommy and Daddy. He was super excited about the Lego Pirate set that his Daddy picked out. Then he went to school where all his friends colored pictures for him, they had cupcakes, and he got to wear a special crown all day. I picked him up from school early so that we could have a special date together. Unfortunately he was not too excited that our date consisted of going clothes shopping for him! He has grown so much the past few months that all the clothes he got for Christmas look more like capri's than pants. We got him a couple of pairs of pants (size 6) and some new shorts for summer (size 7). He was most excited about the ninja turtle shirt he picked out. We then stoped for ice cream before going back to school to pick up Adalynn. After that we went to Red Robin (Colton's favorite restaurant). He lucked out and Red was there. Colton was excited when they sang happy birthday to him and the whole restaurant got involved!
Some of the things I love most about Colton:
He is so polite. He has the best manners. He always says thank you and is very appreciative of everything.
He is the best brother. Tonight Adalynn got 1 balloon at Red Robin and Colton got 3. He gave Adalynn one of his so that they could both have 2, and when she broke it he gave her another. I told him he didn't need to, but he said he wanted to. This is just an example, but he does the nicest things for Adalynn all the time.
He is really smart and interested in learning new things all the time. He is reading now. He is on about his 10th book from school. He learns a new one each week and is very excited each time he gets to bring one back and get a new one. He is really into spelling. He always wants to know how to spell words. We play a game in the car where I spell something and he has to tell me what I spelled and then he does the same for me. He is a sponge and soaks up everything that we or his teachers tell him.
He is so nice. Today I asked which friend was his favorite at school and he told me that he liked all his friends the same.
As a side note: all the above is true only if he is fed and has had enough sleep. If he is hungry or tired he can be terrible!

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful little boy. Being a parent is exhausting and challanging, but it is worth it when you get to see them grow and learn and become such wonderful human beings. I would like to think it is due to Brad and I, but I feel that it is more luck than anything!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Happy Birthday, Colton! The boys are getting big! Peyton is also wearing a size 6 in pants/jeans. Crazy!