I confess, my last posting was almost 3 months ago. I am a bad mother! Although my excuse may not be good, I have one anyway.
As you all know, I am a CPA. This means that I work a horrific amount during tax season. My busy schedule start around the beginning of February (right after my last blog post) and runs through April 15th. During this time I consistently work 60-65 hours and the last 5 weeks I worked 70-75. I have no time for my kids, husband, gym, household chores, eating healthy, and definitely no time for blogging!
Busy season this year was especially difficult for Brad because I was working really hard hoping to have an exceptional busy season in hopes of a big promotion this year. This was also the first year that I worked busy season hours since we have added to our family (last year I only worked part time).
This Saturday was my first Saturday off in quite a while. Which means I spent more time with the kids this weekend than I have in months. During this time I discovered that Adalynn is quite a handful. Apparently sometime over the past few months she has become quite stubborn and a bit sassy! This little girl has so much personality. Poor Colton... she takes his toys and he kindly asks for them back and Adalynn says "no, mine!". He asks again and she says "no, mine! Colton ends up giving up and letting her have his toys. While in the yard working, she walks away wondering throughout the yard. I ask her to come back and she either ignores me or says "no". While in the house she is constantly standing on the dishwasher door (while I am trying to empty it), pulling open drawers and pulling everything out, or just being naughty in some other way.
I have discovered that she does not like standing in the corner. So, this weekend I started to threaten her with that punishment. As she is walking away from me in the yard I say "Adalynn do you want to go to the corner?" She says "no" and I say "well you better get back here". She starts to walk back to me and about 10 minutes later we go through the same conversation.
I am not sure where she gets her spirit from, but it is so unlike our well behaved little boy! I will post some pictures for you all later....
2 comments:
What, last time I was with Colton, he was super sassy. Now you are saying Colton is the good one? When did that happen?
You should watch Super Nanny....ABC on Friday nights.
Welcome to the "2nd child-syndome" AND having a girl! Good luck! Glad to see you're back!
Post a Comment