Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Great Outdoors

For almost a year now I have been trying to focus on having a healthy lifestyle. This includes getting my family off the couch and exercising. For a while I have wanted to go to Rattlesnake Lake to hike. We have heard good things from our friends about this hiking area. With the beautiful weather today we ventures out to Rattlesnake lake and hiked for about 2 hours. Colton was great. He actually wanted to keep going, but we were afraid he would be too tired to make it back down the hill. Adalynn must have enjoyed ridding on her Daddy's back, because we did not hear a sound from her the whole 2 hours! This was the view from about 1/2 way up our hike.
Colton and Brad found walking sticks at the beginning of our hike.

This was Adalynn's expression the whole time!

Colton and I before we started the hike.

The kids and Brad.


These bent trees looked like a rainbow.
We are going to go again next Sunday and try to make it the full 4 miles. I believe we made it about 3 miles today.

No comments: