You all know that I have been working out consistently since last June. Since June I have lost 30 pounds, gained tons of muscle and a whole lot of confidence and self esteem. For the first time in my life I am feeling proud of what I have accomplished. I still have a way to go before reaching my goal, but I have been successful in changing my lifestyle for almost a year now. This healthy lifestyle has become a way of life and not just a phase.
On June 27th the Rock and Roll Marathon is coming to Seattle. I have never been a runner, but I decided to sign up for the 1/2 marathon. That is over 13 miles! My official training started this week. I am doing a training program through my gym to help me and keep me motivated. Prior to this week I had never run more than 2 miles at a time and even making it to 2 miles was a challenge. On Monday I was able to run 4.5 miles! Again today I ran 4.5 miles! And on Saturday I will be running 6 miles!
Running and training for this 1/2 marathon will be great in the long run. But, the process is pushing me way outside of my comfort zone. First, it is very difficult for me and I am sore and exhausted. Second, I am the slowest runner, the one with the least amount of experience. I am very competitive and being the worst of the bunch is incredibly uncomfortable for me. Especially since I am doing my very best and am still the worst!
I keep picturing myself going across the finish line and thinking about how proud I will feel. I am hoping to have some resemblance of "runner's legs". You know, the nice firm, skinny legs. I will keep you all updated on my progress and post some before and after pictures later.
2 comments:
Good for you!! =) Keep up the good work!
Amber, that is awesome!!! I just got on your blog today. I've never been here before. I'm going to become a follower!
Post a Comment