Growing up on Mother's Day my mom would always want us kids and my Dad to do work around the house or yard. I never understood why that is what she would choose to do on Mother's Day. Now that I am a mother, I totally understand. It is the one day a year where I can ask Brad to do stuff on the "honey do" list and not feel guilty about it. It is the one day a year when I can sit around while he works and not feel guilty. Heck yeah I am going to take advantage of the opportunity to get some stuff done around this house!
We started the day off by heading to the local bakery for some totally unhealthy pastries. Yum! Then, Brad went to church with the kids and I. It was his first visit to church with us. I doubt he will want to go back again, but it was nice to have him there. Next we headed to home depot so I could pick up some annuals for pretty pots. Then on to the fun project of the day!
We had 13 Leyland Cypress trees that needed to be planted. I have been waiting and waiting for Costco to carry these trees that I needed. When I found them there the other week I grabbed the 13 that I needed. They were such an awesome deal.
First we measured and placed the trees according to our landscape plan.

Then the kids and Brad started digging the holes. Colton said it was exhausting and was hoping that he did not have to plant all the trees today. I explained that if it does not get done today it may be a long time before Daddy will want to do it!

Colton was super excited when he found a frog. Not so excited when the frog started climbing up his shirt.


The finished product! I think it looks awesome. One more step down on our super long list of "to-do's". Now we just need about 1,000 more plants and tons more money and time.
2 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Amber! It looks beautiful!
Ahhh how marvelous Mother's Day really is! Yes I miss those days while the rest of the family slaved away for me. Now your Dad does it by himself, but it is still nice to have the help with everything for the day when anything that you want done is not to much to ask. I am glad to see you carry on the tradition Amber.
Love,
Mommy
Post a Comment