Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Eve

I love Christmas Eve. Like every year, this year was so much fun! We started the evening by attending the 4pm service at our Church. I have not been to Christmas Eve service since I was a little girl, so it was fun to start this new tradition with our family. Afterwards we headed to my brothers house. Usually we gather at my parents house, but this year by brother offered to host Christmas Eve at his house. The food and wine were amazing and the kids had so much fun spending time together. The little ones especially loved it when Santa dropped by.

This year we had to admit to Colton that "Santa" was really Papa (he has been guessing this since he was 4 years old). He understood that knowing this little secret was a big boy thing to know and that he must pretend (just like his 15 year old cousin) that it really is Santa. Colton was a great sport!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the evening.

All the kids sitting with Santa

Adalynn giving Santa big hugs after he gave her a new purse.


Colton getting his gift from Santa


These girls are so cute in their matching outfits (courtesy of their Nana).


A few times a year Colton has to dress like a "Gentleman". Once Santa left he quickly took off his vest.


Colton and Tatiana posing for the camera.


Brad with Adalynn, Colton with Tatiana


I love that grin that Adalynn gives! She looks so much like her Daddy, but that smile came from me.


These kids are growing up so fast. The days just fly by. They are the most wonderful kids and I can't imagine my life without them!

No comments: