Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Proposals...so soon?

For months Colton has been asking Mrs. Candi to marry him on a daily basis. If you are like me you are probably wondering "Who is Mrs. Candi?". She works at Colton's after school care. She is in her 40's, has two grown up kids, and is already happily married. Yet, every day Colton gets down on one knee and proposes. When I found out, naturally I asked Colton if he has given Mrs. Candi a ring yet. Apparently Colton did not know that you are supposed to accompany a proposal with a large ring. Brad must have not filled him in on this (not surprising, right?). So, this weekend I helped Colton make a large "diamond" ring out of foil paper so that he could properly propose to Mrs. Candi.

Sadly, some kid at school broke the ring before school was out so Colton could not give it to Mrs. Candi. We will be making another one soon.

On a side note, I am teaching him that in addition to a large ring, he must be done with college, and have a job before he is allowed to get married.

Here is the 2nd ring we made so he can propose tomorrow.



1 comment:

Me said...

Excellent mothering, I would have to say. :-)