Thursday, February 14, 2008

10 years flown by...

10 years ago today, Brad and I became engaged. He proposed outside the Capital building in Victoria. It was in the evening and the lights of Victoria were so beautiful. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. The proposal was a total suprise because I did not think he had the chance to ask my dads permission before we left for our trip. Brad knew that it was important to both me and my parents that he ask their permission ahead of time. Turns out Brad had gone to my parents and spoke with them in advance and was given their blessing.

I remember thinking that I had never been happier. I could not have imagined how much happier I would be in 10 more years. Today, looking at my children and thinking about Brad and our upcoming 10 year anniversay, I am filled with so much love and happiness. I recently purchased a sign that reads "A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty". How true is that?

2 comments:

Traci said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Happy almost 10 years to you & Brad! That is awesome! Happy new blog! I, also, check your blog daily and was excited to see new pics of the kids this afternoon!

Sarah J. said...

WOW! Congratulations. We do come a long ways in such a relatively short period of time. You have a lot to be proud of- a GREAT husband and two ADORABLE kiddos. Good job, Amber! :)