Sunday, August 24, 2008

Friends to visit & time to childproof!

Our friend Amber and her two beautiful kids, Harris and Elle, came to visit us last week. Adalynn and Elle are about 4 weeks apart (Adalynn is older). Elle has a big brother Harris who is 2 1/2. It is so cute to see the different personalities that kids have at such a young age. Elle is very much a mamma's girl. She cried whenever Amber left the room. Adalynn on the other hand kept climbing into Amber's lap. Amber and Todd have the two most beautiful children. It must be the dimples that they inherited from their Daddy!
Today was a perfect example of how I need to put childproof locks on my cabinets. I was working on the invitations to Adalynn's birthday party and she was in the kitchen being very quite (always concerns me!). I went into the kitchen and she had gotten into my box of zipfizz. She continued to play with the zipfizz for at least 1/2 hour. Today I was able to convince Brad to do some odd jobs around the house. This always puts him into a bad mood, but he got a lot done. He put door knobs on Coltons door and the play room/study door. He also put door stops on so that the door knobs do not ruin the walls. Now I can shut the doors to rooms and avoid her getting into too much trouble.


2 comments:

Traci said...

We are really needing to do *more* babyproofing around here, too. Each day it seems like there is something new. Adalynn REALLY looks like Colton in that last picture!!!! WOW! It's that adorable smile I remember so well!

Sarah J. said...

She looks like she could be YOUR sister!