Sorry it has been so long. I have found that there are 2 main reason for my not keeping up with the blogging 1) batteries dead in camera or 2) busy busy busy. This time it was that I needed new batteries. I finally went and got some yesterday.
After school yesterday we set up
Adalynn's new pool. The water was super cold, but she loved it! I would say that
Adalynn is
officially walking now. She takes about 4 steps at a time and does this all day long. Maybe by 11 months she will be up and walking all the time. She has one tooth on the bottom and a 2
nd one
coming up. Her favorite word is still "
braaa braa" (brother). Some of her new words are "up", "hi", and shakes her head for "no". She is such a happy little girl and looks so much like her Daddy!



It is really hard to get both the kids smiling in the same picture now a days.
Colton is so busy I could not get him to slow down and smile for me. Here is a fake smile.
Colton is so tall. He keeps telling people he is almost 6. He tells me that since 6 comes after 5 and he is 4 which comes before 5.....that makes him almost 6. Confusing, I know! We started giving
Colton an allowance last week. He has several chores around the house and on Saturdays he gets $5. I took him to the bank, because of the $5, he has to put $2 in the bank for college. The remaining $3 he can do whatever he likes. He wants to save up for one of those ride on Jeeps. I told him if he saves $100 that Brad and I will pay the rest (those things are so expensive). Brad told me that is too much to make him save up since it will take him 8 months! So, we are in negotiations.... For his chores he has to do the following:
1) clean his room and make his bed every day
2) pick up all the clothes off the bathroom floor and put in the laundry room every day (all the
family's clothes land on the floor so this one keeps him busy)
3) feed the dog
4) brush his teeth and wash his hands after he goes to the bathroom
5) help me with laundry
6) put
Adalynns dirty diapers in the trash
7) help me watch
Adalynn8) anything else I think up as the week goes on!
He is such a good helper. He loves doing his chores so he can get $$.

Here is Daddy getting
Colton all wet!
1 comment:
Adalynn is SO cute! She DOES look like Brad. I never so it so much. Great idea with the allowance. I need to start that with my little kiddos. BTW, we're expecting baby #3. I know, I know... you WERE expecting it out of us! :)
Post a Comment