Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Adalynn

I received a horrific voice mail at work today...

"Amber is ____ from Junior Junction (day care), Adalynn is having a seizure, please call us as soon as possible". That was pretty much the jest of it.

I called immediately, the paramedics were examining her, she was breathing ok, and they were taking her to the hospital.

Brad and I met Adalynn and Ms. Phillips (her day care teacher) at the hospital. The doctors says that she had a febrile seizure, which is caused by a sudden spike in temperature. They say that it is not uncommon, that there is no damage, and that the chances of it repeating itself is not likely.

She is home now and sleeping. I will be taking her to her pediatrician as soon as possible for confirmation of what the ER doctors say.

On a side note, what an incredible day care that my kids go to. They did exactly the right thing and Ms. Phillips even followed the ambulance to the hospital to make sure that Adalynn was ok.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How scary. I'm glad she is doing better now.

Traci said...

I'm glad she's doing better - saw your facebook post. :)
Happy Birthday to you!

Unknown said...

Michelle had a febrile seizure around that age. It was scary for me (at age 5 or 6), so I can't imagine what my mom went through...never happened again, though.