What an amazing weekend we had! As you all know I have spent the past 2 months training for my 1st (and maybe only) 1/2 marathon. I was so excited to have Brad, the kids, my parents, and Robert and Lisa out to support me as I crossed the finish line. I completed the race in 2 hours 31 minutes. I ran the whole way, 13.1 miles! This was the proudest moment in my life and the most painful! I felt an amazing sense of accomplishment. Who would have guessed a year ago that I could successfully complete a 1/2 marathon? It has taught me that I am capable of doing anything that I put my mind to.

Colton made a special cheer sign for me.
This is the only picture of me that I have so far. Hopefully I will have more later. No one said that a person is supposed to look good after running 13.1 miles....
This is me on the couch after the race. It was difficult to move to rest of the day.
Here are my tired legs. Not sure why I have a picture of my legs, but they are looking pretty slim!
Saturday night we had Brad's parents over for dinner to celebrate a belated Fathers Day. Brad had to do all the cooking since I was so sore. Here is my good looking husband. He has been so supportive of me the past two months. 
Adalynn loves her Grandpa. She was hanging out with him all evening.

And of course, as always, Colton loves Grandpa too.

Brad and Lynne (his mom).

Sunday afternoon we took the kids to the Sounders game. We have season tickets, but there has not been a game during the day all season. The kids lasted most of the game, but we did have to head out about 15 minutes before it was over. Sounders were up 3-0 so I think it is a pretty safe bet that they won!

Isn't Colton the cutest kid?

Adalynn loved the flag they give her and her new Sounders hat that Daddy bought her.

Our weekend was full of family times. But, I am looking forward to a more relaxing weekend next weekend.
2 comments:
Amber, you ROCK! I'm SO proud of you!!!
Great job on the 1/2. Now you HAVE to sign up for a tri with me :)
Post a Comment