Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mom and Dad

The last week or so Colton has started calling me "Mom" instead of "Mommy". He has also started calling Brad "Dad" instead of "Daddy". This makes me a bit sad, like my little boy is growing up.

Yesterday Colton and I had the following conversation which made me feel like I have turned into my mother....

Colton was calling me "Mom" purposely rather than "Mommy", so I said...
"I am going to start calling you Colt is you keep calling me Mom instead of Mommy" and he said...
"Thats ok Mom, you can call me Colt"

For all those that know my family, you know that my brother, sister and I still call my parents Mommy and Daddy. I can specifically remember trying to call my mom "Mom" and her refusing to respond to me unless I called her "Mommy". So, at 32 I still call my parents Mommy and Daddy (which sounds a little weird in public coming from a grown woman).

So, you would think I would be ok with Colton calling me Mom, but it makes me sad that he is growing up so fast.

No comments: