Colton is such a sweet and caring child that I thought it would be a good time to introduce him to charitable giving. I called the M.V. food bank to see if Colton and I could volunteer together, but he is too young to volunteer. They recommended that he hold his own food drive. I explained to Colton that not everyone is lucky enough to have yummy meals every day and that it is nice to donate food to the food bank to help others our. On Friday he made his very own flyer and we spent most of Saturday going to our friends houses in M.V and then around my mom's neighborhood. This was 100% Colton's responsibility. He had to practice what he would say to people when they came to the door and he had to talk to them on his own. He did a great job and we got quite a bit of food. I was so proud of Colton and his excitement about helping other.On the way back home Colton said something that reminded me that he is only 5 years old afterall. He said....
"Mommy. when I bring this food to the food bank are they going to give me money?"
Luckily when I explained that he is not getting money and just being a really kind little boy he was not upset.....
1 comment:
So glad to see you guys.
Post a Comment