I am so fortunate to have a healthy and happy family. I am married to my best friend, and although there have been lots of ups and tons of downs, we have been married for over 11 years. Brad is an amazing father and takes care of his family. I couldn't ask for much more (a skinny body would be on the top of my list).
Saturday, November 28, 2009
So much to be thankful for....
I often think about how lucky I am to have such a great family. Colton and Adalynn are so sweet to each other. Colton really loves his little sister and takes such good care of her. Adalynn copies everything that her brother does. She looks up to him so much.
Last weekend we took a trip to Home Depot. Adalynn was riding on top of the cart so Colton wanted to as well. When Brad told them to "hang on" Adalynn immediately grabbed onto Colton. It was so cute.
Right now the kids are laying in my bed watching a movie. They have been doing that a lot lately. It is actually nice because I can get some stuff done around the house. Colton will look after his sister and lets me know if they need anything. When I went in to check on them a few minutes ago, they had their arms around one another. So cute!
This year we spent Thanksgiving just the 4 of us at our house. I really liked the slow pace and relaxed day. Brad said it wasn't the same without tons of family around. Kind of weird hearing that from Brad because usually he is the one that gets frustrated being around so many people. Brad cooked most of the meal. The turkey turned out great. We tried to keep the meal pretty healthy, but I did get carried away with some rolls during the day. Bummer!
Adalynn and I have matching aprons. When ever I am cooking she wants to help and wants to wear her apron. She is getting to be a good little helper around the house. She stirs things in the kitchen (pancakes, etc.). She also helps me with the laundry. And, Coltons tidiness must be rubbing off because lately she picks up after herself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I ❤ YOU! Glad life is wonderful for you and your family! See you at the end of this month.
Man, I am missing you guys!
You guys ARE an awesome family! ...and Colton, it is SO impressive how you did all that work for people who don't have much in life. Nice job!
Post a Comment